11 August 2020
Lunch and dinner delivered directly to your boat: Ristorante La Piratera, Isola Madre
The restaurant La Piratera, on the terrace of Isola Madre that looks out onto Baveno, is the new mooring point on Lake Maggiore for lovers of sailing and fine dining who wish to stop for a proper lunch or dinner without leaving their boat.
It is possible to moor your craft across from the old bridge and spend a few hours relaxing and dining, lulled by the gentle lapping of the waves and surrounded by lush nature.
Eight new mooring buoys enable customers to arrive at the restaurant directly on your own boat. Customers can choose whether to have lunch or dinner on the terrace, conveniently taxied by the restaurant’s dinghy, or to enjoy your meal aboard your vessel.
The philosophy of La Piratera is the same as the other venues of the Terre Borromeo circuit: local ingredients, especially fish from the lake, but also Piedmont beef and classic Italian summer dishes.
Mooring and on-board service are available seven days a week until 31 August, with advance booking at the number 0323.31171.
Here is the menu for those who wish to dine on the water:
- Lake trout** in a citrus and herb marinade, with baby greens and sprouts 14,00€
- Fried lavarello**, crispy courgette and asparagus with thyme, roasted red onions and bagnet verd 14,00€
- Oil-cured rabbit**, toasted black bread, mixed vegetables and baby greens 12,00€
- Tartare of Piedmont beef and Parmigiano Reggiano shaved paper-thin 18,00€
- Seasonal vegetable pie, fresh vegetables and a selection of Mottarone cheeses 15,00€
- Creamed risotto with peas and mint, sprouts, and fresh cheese 16,00€
- Fried assortment of small fish* 24,00€
- Grilled Sicilian prawns**, seasoned breadcrumbs, and vegetables 24,00€
- Breaded cutlet with potatoes 20,00€
- Club Sandwich 15,00€
- Fried calamari* 18,00€
- Buffalo mozzarella, tomato, and basil 12,00€
- Mediterranean octopus*, potatoes, extra-virgin olive oil, and fresh herbs 15,00€
- Caesar salad 16,00€
- Selection of Mottarone cheeses 14,00€
Download the full table service menu here.
Isola Madre, already considered by Gustave Flaubert as “the most voluptuous place in the world” for to its botanical wealth and variety, now adds the gourmet cuisine of chef Luca Vietti to complete the experience.
Calling the number 0323.3117, you can book the following services until 31 August:
Dinghy transport to the restaurant (8 people per trip): lunch 12.00 to 2.30, dinner 6.00 to 9.00 pm.
Onboard service requires a minimum order of 50 euro.
Hours for onboard service: lunch 11.30 to 2.30, last dinner delivery 7.30 pm.
Hours for drinks-only service: 11.30 to 5.30;
Payment can be made in cash on delivery, or at the restaurant with debit or credit card.
These services are available exclusively in safe weather and water conditions.